It’s spring! Which also means its allergy season. Such beautiful life growing but yet so is the snot content. Allergies can be such a pain but what can you do to help that? Most of us take allergy medicine and just “deal with it”.
One of the amazing benefits of Chiropractic care is helping with allergies! Want to know how? Keep reading!
What Are Allergies?
Allergies can be annoying. Oddly, some people experience severe allergic reactions to things like dust and dairy products, while others have no problems at all. There’s no rhyme or reason why people get allergies, but there are treatment options for those who suffer.
When a substance that is normally no threat at all to the human body, like grass or milk, causes your immune system to over-react, then you have an allergy to that substance. These are called allergens. Some of the most common allergens include things like cat dander, pollen, various foods, mold, dust, and other things.
Some allergies arrive every year in the form of plant substances that grow seasonally, like grasses and literally thousands of different types of trees, plants, and airborne substances. Other allergens include things around us all the time, like dust, pet dander, and food.
Here are some of the main allergies people deal with:
- Food: these can include nuts, soy, fish, milk, eggs, and wheat.
- Plants: Thousands of plants cause people to break out in hives, have respiratory problems, and develop sores on their skin. They also deal with drainage and sometimes even fever from pollen that gets in their airways.
- Latex: People who work in the healthcare industry often come into contact with this substance every day and develop allergic reactions to it.
- Insects: Bee and mosquito stings are extremely common forms of insect allergies.
- Animals: Pet allergies usually develop when people come in contact with tiny flakes of the animal’s skin or with its hair.
How Chiropractic Care Treats Allergies
There is a very close connection between the human body’s nervous and immune systems. Chiropractors work to improve the communication pathways between the spinal cord and the brain. This is how chiropractors can help allergy sufferers regulate their bodily reactions to allergens.
Of course, every patient is unique. Your chiropractor will design a treatment plan based on your medical history, physical condition, age, allergic symptoms, and other factors. There are four basic ways that chiropractic medicine offers relief from allergies and helps people get long-term, natural relief:
- It works to moderate and restore hormonal systems that deal with stress: When a person’s adrenal glands are overworked due to excessive stress, the body can’t moderate allergens. Adjusting the spine can mean a stronger adrenal system, which typically results in fewer and less severe allergy symptoms.
- It enhances the body’s entire immune-response system: When you are misaligned the brain is not able to communicate effectively with the body. Chiropractors can focus on restoring neck alignment to enhance the natural immune response of the body and decrease unwanted allergy symptoms.
- Chiropractic physicians offer advice about lifestyle changes: Chiropractors help uncover lifestyle factors in their patients’ daily routines that make allergies worse. They then instruct people about how to change these factors and get faster relief.
- Chiropractic treatment can strengthen the respiratory system: The human respiratory system can’t do its job effectively unless the brain and body can communicate in the right way. When the spine is not properly aligned, this communication system gets thrown off. Chiropractors adjust the spine in such a way that the respiratory system can get back to work and effectively handle allergic reactions.
So to fix those allergies…
GET ADJUSTED! Make sure you schedule your appointment to help with those pesky allergies. Schedule your appointment HERE or call the office at (903) 463-5151. Make sure you also follow us on social media. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Tiktok.