How Stress can decrease your health
How can stress decrease your health?
95 million. What a huge number am I right? Each week 95 MILLION Americans deal with stress related symptoms for which they take medications. Stress is the number one killer. It causes many of the health conditions people suffer from in this country. According to the AMA, stress is the cause of up to 80 to 85% of all human illness and disease.
Stress results is a state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or very demanding circumstances.
There are drug-free solutions you need to know about that can decrease your stress and help your health:
1. There are glands in your body called the adrenal glands, also known as the stress glands. They help regulate the 4 main hormones of the body. These hormones are adrenaline, norepenephrine, cortisol and DHEA. When these hormones get thrown off balance, it can cause heart conditions, digestive issues (IBS, acid reflux, and colitis), allergies, sleep disorders, depression, anxiety, headaches, fibromyalgia, immune problems, arthritic conditions, skin conditions (eczema and psoriasis), diabetes, weight problems, PMS, menopause, libido problems and this is just to name a few.
Most people are hurting their adrenal system without even knowing it by consuming 2 products that destroy the adrenal glands. Caffeine (coffee) and refined carbohydrates (white breads, pastas and rice are examples) are those 2 things that many people consume and in return hurting this system. If you eliminate these products, or at least reduce them from your diet and use a proper adrenal support vitamin, the adrenal glands can be regulated properly and the body can handle stress while reducing the symptoms and diseases it can produce.
2. Internal and external stressors have been scientifically proven to contribute to many health conditions.
What is a stressor?
A stressor is any biological, chemical, emotional or physical substance or factor that can cause temporary or permanent harm. Examples of common stressors can include:
- Emotional (relationships, death, work)
- Chemical (cigarette smoke, alcohol, toxic cleaners)
- Environmental (grass, food)
- Biological (animals, dust)
There are many ways that you can change the stressors in your life including eliminating them. In some cases you cannot take them away or would not want to (such as family or animals). Finding ways to cope with the stressors in your life is extremely important and can alter the way that you feel. Anything from getting rid of toxic cleaners in your home to making sure you do not bring toxic food in to consume can help rid your life of these stressors.
3. Every day, no matter how much you avoid them, our bodies are subjected to these stresses and stressors. Along with physical stress, chemical and emotional stress also cause spinal misalignment called subluxations. These subluxations interfere with the nervous system which controls everything you do and the health of your body. For the body to function optimally, it is important to remove all nerve interference. The only health profession that corrects and optimizes nerve flow is Chiropractic.
So how do I fix this?
At Denison Chiropractic we help relieve those nerves from being pinched and help with your misalignment problems!
Call to schedule an appointment at (903)821-5151 or click here and we will help you with your stress from misalignment!