Chiropractic and Colds
In this season we are in colds are super common, even if we have forgotten about them because of Covid-19. Is there a way Chiropractic and Colds can work together to make this season not quite as bad? The answer is maybe! We’ve all heard the expression, “The key to a good defense is a good offense”. When it comes to conquering the common cold, the key to a good defense IS A GOOD DEFENSE. More specifically a good defense system.
The internal defense system of the human body is our own immune system. It is responsible for fending off all sorts of nasty things, including bacteria, viruses, and a whole host of other creepy crawlies. Everyday we come in contact with millions of these things and yet we manage to get along without much of an issue. It is only when our immune system is compromised or overcome that we get sick.
Immune system with Chiropractic
Your immune system is responsible for killing the virus that causes the common cold. Supporting it is the only way to speed the healing process and stay healthy. Good hygiene, proper diet and nutrition, and getting enough sleep, all play an essential role in supporting your immune system. Chiropractic and colds can work together! It is well understood that there is a direct relationship between the immune system and the Central Nervous System (the brain and spinal cord). We know that the Central Nervous System receives special protection from the immune system and that the integrity of this system can affect the strength and function of the immune system. A, sort of, you take care of me and I’ll take care of you relationship.
Look at this study in Chiropractic and Manual Therapies. Researchers looked to see if a single chiropractic adjustment could have a positive affect on the immune system. Because of this study they found chiropractic adjustments did in fact help! At Denison Chiropractic we help many children deal with fever and also ear infections from a cold. If the master control system of the human body (the Central Nervous System) is being stressed, than those systems intimately involved with it (the immune system) will also be affected. If we support the nervous system through proper spinal function and alignment, then we will ultimately support and strengthen the immune system.
Steps to helping YOUR immune system
- Make sure you are sleeping enough at night. People do not realize how much sleep can have an effect on your immune system and recovery.
- Eat better quality food. This is so hard during the holidays when we want to eat very bad food. We ARE NOT SAYING don’t enjoy Grandma’s pecan pie! We are simply saying to not over indulge.
- Keep moving! Being stuck at home has been hard on all of our physical activities. Make sure you are still staying active even if it is just climbing the stairs a couple times or walking around the block everyday.
- Take immune building supplements. If you need help finding good quality supplements to keep you healthy feel free to ask us and we can help.
- GET ADJUSTED! If this article wasn’t proof enough that you need to keep your adjustments up than I don’t know what to tell you. Make sure you are still taking care of your body during this sick season. Chiropractic and colds are something we can start to help!
Schedule your adjustment HERE
You can also call us to schedule at (903)463-5151. Make sure you also follow us on social media! We are doing our yearly give away right now! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Tiktok.