Many people turn to massage therapy to help them re-energize and feel better. Many have come to the offices of licensed chiropractors Dr. Robert Bergeron and Dr. Dustin Bergeron, who have treated many patients with massage therapy in the Denison and Sherman, Texas areas.
Massage Therapy Q & ADenison Chiropractic
What is massage therapy?
Massage therapy involves pressing, rubbing, and manipulating the soft body tissues (for example, the ligaments, muscles, and tendons) to improve mobility. Many people get massage therapy to reduce anxiety and stress, relieve pain, and improve their overall health and wellness. Massage therapy falls into two major categories: relaxation massage, which is typically performed in spas and wellness centers, and rehabilitative massage, which is usually conducted in clinics, chiropractic offices, and hospitals.
What are the types of massage therapy?
The most common types of massage therapy are:
- Deep massage – targets muscles and connective tissues and helps rehabilitate muscle damage when injured.
- Sports massage – a gentle massage that uses long strokes, kneading motions, and deep circular movements to treat or prevent sports- or activity-related injuries.
- Swedish massage – similar to sports massage, except that it also involves tapping and muscle vibration to promote relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Trigger-point massage – massage targeted on areas of tight muscle fibers caused by muscle overuse or injury.
What can massage therapy do for me?
In addition to making you feel better and helping you recover from injury or illness, massage therapy can improve your mental health. When you feel better and are less fatigued, your mental focus is clearer and sharper. Massage therapy can also help alleviate symptoms associated with certain health conditions, such as:
- Digestive disorders.
- Myofascial pain syndrome.
- Stress-related insomnia.
- Temporomandibular joint pain (TMJ).
Where can I go for massage therapy?
People who have had massage therapy in Denison are very pleased with the service they received at the Denison Chiropractic Center. Dr. Robert Bergeron and Dr. Dustin Bergeron have extensive training and experience in massage therapy and have helped many patients recover from a variety of ailments and improve their physical and mental health. Call the office today to schedule your appointment for massage therapy.